Now, plot the data to see how well your new model appear to fit the
data. Remember to use the easyplot
easyplot 0.25 5.0
Screen capture of the POW plot window showing the results of the
fitting the revised model with three Gaussian emission lines.
Answer these questions about your current model and plot:
- Note the chi-squared for this fit.
- How has the chi-squared changed since your first model? Does
this change indicate that the fit is better or worse?
- How has the chi-squared changed since you added the two final
Gaussians? Does this change indicate that the fit is better or worse?
- Looking at your plot, how well does the model match the peaks in
the data? How has the fit of the model to the data changed since
your first plot?
- Do you think that you have found the best model for these data?
Why or why not?
- If not, then describe what features of the data the model seems
to be missing.